Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bugs everywhere - Murphy you are great!

1. Event based reminders - Dallas Cowboys forgot renewing their domain in time and ended up having the fans see undesired content (more) - is it a human bug, domain registry tolerance bug or what? Does the argument matter post the fact?

2. I was travelling from SFO airport to Pleasanton the US West Coast- the taxi had a sign board which had the statement "No Smoking/Fasten Seat Belt" written on it. Well, as I stopped somking long ago, first thing made sense to me "No Smoking" (and for the ones who are still smoking, the sentence should make the same sense). How about the latter- Does it mean "No Fasten Seat Belt"? Or "Fasten Seat Belt"? It could have been written as "No Smoking. Fasten Seat Belt." so that everyone interprets as two different statements. Well, one may say use your common sense but I doubt everyone has it.

3. I bought a wireless internet connection in the flight from Salt Lake City to SFO. The flight time is exactly 1 hour 30 minutes. The rate card for the service was $4.99 up to 1 hour 30 minutes and $9.99 thereafter. What should I be charged for? Well, I was charged $9.99. A very carefully designed Boundary-Value-Analysis bug.

and so on... well let me get back to my music composition for a while (so that I can also celebrate by creating some buggy notes)

No comments:

Post a Comment